Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Reading Response One


My first reading response was derived from the Common Core State Standard: 
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, andhow to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.

I decided that a good place to start the reading responses would be to have them deconstruct a moment (an event) and ask these questions of what they have read.  It was my belief that this structured practice would then students develop and strengthen these critical thinking tools.  I had students create a graphic organizer (thought-web) to help them structure their thoughts and focus more on the deconstruction of the scene than how to present their information.

Below is the anchor chart I created for students to remember Reading Response #1:


Here are some examples of student reading responses:







No comments:

Post a Comment