Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Projector Setup

How to set up one's project often poses a large logistical problem.  Between the quality of the tech-cart to the amount of space (you have to fit a document-camera, a projector, and have space for your documents), typical setups are less than efficient.

When in my friend's classroom, I was able to see a clever solution to the tech-cart/projector problem.  He had a table (my favorite style of classroom table, the six-top) positioned perpendicular to the classroom screen.  He had commandeered roughly a third of the table, about one student deep on each side (allowing for 4-5 more students, depending on if you place someone at the end).  He then had a instructional command center that allowed for ease of student access, reduced obstruction of student visibility, and an increase in space during teaching (and space is a valuable commodity).

I was so impressed by this layout that I will hopefully be rolling it out in my own classroom and will have pictures to document its completion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment